- Hiking the Superior Hiking Trail for a few days and enjoying Grand Marais
- 50th Anniversary celebration October 12-15 at Faith Church in Briarcliff Manor, NY, where we served before Oak Hill
- 25th Wedding anniversary on October 17th for Barb and I with family and then just the two of us in Door County, WI. We also visited Barb’s brother and family near Green Bay.
- Off to Denver to visit the Venberg's on October 31st for a couple days.
- I served as a cook at deer camp.
- Then it was up to Fargo for a wonderful meal with Solveig, Thanksgiving Eve service at Liberty Church where Solveig serves, and Thanksgiving Day with Barb’s Mom and brother Jeff’s family in Moorhead, MN.
This is just a quick glimpse at what you allowed Barb and I to do over the past couple of months. Thank you so much!
During our time away we did connect with you many times as we claimed God’s wonderful gift of prayer. We called you by name and brought you into God’s presence with concerns as we learned of them and just with a thankful heart that we are united in God’s family. This Sunday I will be sharing a few thoughts on the power of God’s gift of prayer. Prayer is not only communication with our God, it is also a chance to get our minds and lives in the right place. It is an opportunity to bring God Himself to bear on all that comes our way. In prayer I am once again reminded of who I am and what God made me to be. I have the words of truth and the clarity of God’s Spirit within me bringing me back to joy and peace.
This is also the first Sunday in the Advent season and we are reminded that Jesus has come and He will be coming again. This time of Advent calls us to lives of prayer as we live in this world as God’s family. May Oak Hill be a shining light of hope in a world that at times can appear to be very dark. May we live confidently and love radically because we are followers of Jesus.
Our Savior Jesus came to set us free because that is what we needed. He invites us to walk through life with him because we need His presence. During this season of Christ’s coming to us - how can we “come” into the lives of others to bring what they need?
Praying and looking forward to being back with you on Sunday!