- Go straight north to your graduation from high school.
- From there you will travel for four years down a bumpy road toward your first “real job.”
- You will take a sharp left and fall in love.
- You will climb for the next 25 years, get tired, cry, laugh and watch your kids move out.
- You will walk from the sunshine into the shadows as you find yourself standing at the edge of that cliff as you are diagnosed with cancer…
There are times we need to stop or consider or just slow down to gain clarity. It can help us to understand the past, sift through the present or prepare for the future. We are going to look at the Bible and we are going to look at our lives in the coming months to find that our God’s got it in hand. He is not surprised, alarmed, ill-prepared or blind to our situations.
You are invited beginning this Sunday to travel “toward God.” We are traveling on the road of life. What have you noticed so far? Your Heavenly Father wants you to notice HIM. He is in it and all through it. He is both the provider of the map and He is the destination.
Over the next eight months we are going to be stopping at various Waypoints throughout the Old Testament. We will find that God is revealing himself in each of these passages and He is inviting us to know Him more. He is also calling us to take a moment and learn how to respond to life and our God in all that life has in store for us.
You are invited to visit these Waypoints each Sunday morning in our Sunday School classes as well as our worship services!